A nice change from the normal beef burger, this combination is simply delicious and absolutely bursting with flavor. The lamb mince patty is filled with grated halloumi and fresh mint then served with a crunchy red cabbage slaw inside a crisp lettuce leaf.
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 4
- 7 oz halloumi cheese
- 16 oz ground lamb
- 4 tbsp mint chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage chopped
- Boston lettuce 4 large leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- Grate half of the halloumi cheese, saving the other half for later. In a large bowl add the grated halloumi, ground lamb, mint, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Combine the mixture well with your hands and form into 4 burger patties. Pre-heat a large skillet pan on a stove set to medium-high, then add in the burgers. Turn the patties occasionally and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the red cabbage slaw by thinly slicing the red cabbage. Place the cabbage in a bowl then coat well with olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice up the remaining halloumi cheese. Once the burgers have cooked through, add the slices of cheese into the skillet. Turn frequently until the cheese browns on both sides. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble your burgers with a lettuce leaf, burger, red cabbage, halloumi slice and mayonnaise.