Not only is there subtle hints of lemon and acidity running through the broccoli, but the saltiness of the cheese and the spice of the chili flakes bring everything together as a whole. The natural sweetness of the broccoli shines in this, balancing everything to perfection and then some.
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 6
- 1 1/2 lb broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp basil - fresh, chopped
- 3 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lay broccoli florets onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Season the broccoli with 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil (Chopped), 3 tsp. Minced Garlic, 3/4 tsp. Kosher Salt, 1/2 tsp. Red Chili Flakes, Zest of 1/2 Lemon, and Juice of 1/2 Lemon.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese over the top of the broccoli and put into the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve - super simple, easy, and delicious!