We wanted to prepare an easy lunch that would be a bit different and this following creamy lobster salad ended up fitting the bill perfectly.
Recipe from Paleo Leap
- Prep: 30 m
- Cook: 28 m
- Total: 58 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 lobster tails (8 oz each)
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (homemade)
- 1/3 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp chives finely chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- romaine lettuce for serving
- 3 lb taro roots peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Using a sharp knife (or mandoline) slice the taro root into thin rounds no thicker than 1⁄4 inch.
- Add the sliced taro and olive oil in a bowl and toss to coat. If needed add more oil, but you do not want them to be “soaked” in olive oil, just lightly coated.
- Lay the taro root slices in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. You’ll need to use multiple sheets or cook them in batches. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-28 minutes (depending on their thickness), turning halfway through, until they are gold brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and add salt, bring to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil, prepare a large ice-water bath that will fit all of the lobster tails.
- Add the lobster tails to the boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the shells turn bright red.
- Remove the tails from the boiling water and immediately transfer to the ice-water bath. Let them sit for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Cut the tails in half lengthwise to remove the meat from the shell. Then cut the lobster meat into bite sized pieces. Pat dry and place in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to cool down the lobster even more.
- Next, combine the mayonnaise, celery, chives, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste in a medium sized bowl.
- Once cooled, add the lobster to the mixture and gently mix to combine. Place back in the refrigerator for another 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve the lobster salad chilled over lettuce leaves and topped with avocado.