My children’s favourite dinner each week has to be low carb spaghetti Bolognese with zoodles. It is the easiest recipe to make for a beginner and one of the easiest recipes to serve to a family who is just starting out on their low-carb journey.
Recipe from Ditch the Carbs
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 35 m
- Servings: 5
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1.1 lb ground beef
- 0.9 lb chopped tomatoes canned
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram
- In a large saucepan. gently fry the onion and garlic in oil until softened but not over cooked.
- Add the mince/ground beef and continue to fry stirring continuously to break up the mince/ground beef. Fry until all the meat is cooked and browned.
- Add the herbs, seasoning and tomatoes.
- Stir then simmer for 15 minutes whilst you make the zoodles.
- Serve in a bowl with zoodles and grated cheese or parmesan sprinkled on top.