The perfect recipe for this holiday season. Enjoy!
Recipe from Dr. Hyman
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 1 h 35 m
- Total: 1 h 40 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 medium lamb shanks (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place the lamb shanks in a deep skillet or saucepan. Add the red wine, water, bay leaf, and peppercorns. Sprinkle with the salt and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer, turning the shanks every 20 minutes, for 90 minutes or more, until the meat is tender and easily comes off the bone. Reduce the heat further or add a little water as necessary to keep the shanks from burning.
- Transfer the shanks to a serving plate. Cook the sauce over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes more to thicken. Pour the sauce over the shanks and serve.