Bite-sized keto tacos! These fun low carb mini muffins make a great healthy, appetizer, snack, or even dinner. Dip them in your favourite low carb salsa.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 35 m
- Servings: 32
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter salted, melted
- 6 large eggs
- 6 oz Mexican blend cheese shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the beef until almost cooked through, breaking up the clumps with a wooden spoon. Add the taco seasoning and continue to sauté until completely cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and brush a good non-stick mini muffin pan with the melted butter. (You can also use silicone or parchment mini muffin liners, if you prefer - if your pan is not very non-stick, this is your best option). This recipe makes about 32 mini muffins so you may need to work in batches if you don’t have more than one mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the taco meat and 4 ounces of the shredded cheese. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Fill the muffin cups to about ¾ full and sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until puffed and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool 10 minutes. Use a thin flexible spatula to run around the edge of the muffins to release.
- Serve with your favourite taco toppings, such as salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.