Don’t want to cook a whole bird this year? Consider this delicious low carb rolled turkey breast stuffed with mushrooms and sage.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 25 m
- Cook: 1 h
- Total: 1 h 25 m
- Servings: 8
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, divided, room temperature
- 10 oz mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp sage chopped, fresh, divided
- 1 turkey breast boneless (3-4 lb)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, heat 2 tbsp butter or oil until melted and beginning to froth. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 or 3 minutes. Add garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and continue to cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 4 or 5 minutes more.
- Add 2 tbsp chopped sage and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Remove skin from turkey breast and set aside (do not discard). Lay turkey breast on a work surface and cover with plastic wrap. Pound with a kitchen mallet to an even 1/2 to 1-inch thickness.
- Spread mushroom mixture evenly over turkey breast, leaving a 1 inch border and roll up from the short end tightly into a log. Wrap reserved skin over log and tie at several intervals with kitchen twine.
- Place on a broiling pan and rub all over with remaining butter or oil. Sprinkle with remaining sage and season with salt and pepper.
- Place pop-up timer, if using, into thickest part of the turkey roll (pierce the skin with a sharp knife if need be).
- Roast until timer pops up or until internal temperature reaches 180F, approximately 50 to 60 minutes.