This one-pan side dish begins with blanched Brussels sprouts and finishes with a pepper jack and cream cheese sauce that has just the right balance of heat. A sprinkling of sundried tomato adds a gentle sweetness without being overpowering.
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 10 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 6
- 1 lb brussels sprouts halved
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- Clean Brussels sprouts, slice into halves, and place in a large skillet that you have a fitting lid for.
- Pour in enough water to just submerge the sprouts, then cover the skillet with a lid and bring the water to a simmer. Simmer for five to seven minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and strain the sprouts. Rinse under very cold water to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat oil and garlic on medium low heat until fragrant.
- Add sour cream and heavy whipping cream then turn the heat to medium. Slowly stir in pepper jack cheese.
- Once the sauce thickens, add Brussels sprouts and stir gently to coat.
- Bring the mixture back to a light simmer and cover with the lid. Continue to cook for three to five minutes
- Top with remaining cheese and sun-dried tomatoes and broil, or cook, with the lid on until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot!