Stuffed peppers provide a good balance of vegetables and protein in one hearty meal. For this version, chicken is baked and then tossed with buffalo wing sauce to give it extra spice before being stuffed into the bell peppers. Serve with a side of guacamole or salsa, with extra cilantro for garnish.
Recipe from Paleo Grubs
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 55 m
- Total: 1 h 10 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp ghee melted
- 1 tsp parsley dried
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 bell peppers
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce (paleo)
- 2 tbsp cilantro fresh, chopped
- guacamole (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with coconut oil spray. Place the chicken breasts and onion on the baking sheet. Drizzle the ghee over the chicken breasts. Sprinkle the entire pan with parsley and garlic powder. Season generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the stems and very top of the peppers off, removing the seeds. Place in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the water and drain facedown on a paper towel.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, shred with a fork. Combine the shredded chicken with the hot sauce and cilantro in a bowl and stir well to coat. Spoon the chicken mixture into the bell peppers and place in a greased baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers are cooked to desired doneness. Serve with a side of guacamole.