Homemade chicken tenders are a fun finger food for a casual lunch or dinner. Breaded in almond flour, coconut flakes, and paprika, these chicken strips are tender and delicious. To get the paleo chicken tenders a nice golden brown, turn the oven to broil for the last couple minutes of baking. Whip together the honey and mustard while the chicken is cooking for the perfect dipping sauce.
Recipe from Paleo Grubs
- Prep: 7 m
- Cook: 18 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 4
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into strips
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp spicy mustard paleo
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flakes, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Season both sides of the chicken strips with salt and pepper. Take a piece of chicken, dip it in the egg, and then dredge it in the almond flour mixture. Lay the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining pieces. Bake for 15-18 minutes until cooked through.
- While the chicken tenders are baking mix together the honey, mustard, and apple cider vinegar for the dipping sauce. Serve alongside the chicken tenders.