Tender, juicy, and melt in your mouth are the three things you always want to hear when you think of steak. Ribeye is one of the fattier cuts that always delivers on that and always stays juicy if you cook it right.
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 3 m
- Cook: 12 m
- Total: 15 m
- Servings: 2
- 16 oz ribeye steak (1- 1 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 tbsp duck fat (or other high smoke point oil like peanut oil)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp thyme chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F with cast iron skillet inside. Prep steak by seasoning with oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from oven once pre-heated and place over medium heat on the stove. Add oil and then steak to the pan. Let sear for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Flip steak and place in oven for 4-6 minutes. Remove steak and place over low heat on stove top.
- Place butter and thyme into pan and baste steak for 2-4 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.