It doesn’t get much better than a low-carb, Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed in a Portobello Mushroom! Steak and mushrooms work so well together, so why not make stuff them with this cheesy deliciousness!
Recipe from skinnytaste.com
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 4
- 6 oz sirloin steaks thin sliced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup onion diced
- 3/4 cup green pepper diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream light
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise light
- 2 oz cream cheese light, softened
- 3 oz provolone cheese shredded
- 4 medium Portobello mushrooms with no cracks
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Gently remove the stems, scoop out the gills and spray the tops of the mushrooms with oil, season with 1/8 tsp salt and fresh pepper.
- Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on high, let the pan get very hot then add the steak and cook on high heat about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice thin, set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, spray with more oil and saute onions and peppers 5 to 6 minutes, until soft.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Transfer to the mushroom caps, about 1/2 cup each.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes.