Once you learn how to make crackling, there is no going back to the store bought again with all those nasty seed oils.
Recipe from Ditch the Carbs
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 30 m
- Total: 40 m
- Servings: 1
- pork crackling sheets
- Place the pork crackling on an oiled baking tray with a 1 inch lip/side. Season with salt and/or herbs and spices.
- Cook at 180C/350F for 10 minutes until soft.
- Remove from the oven and using kitchen tongs and kitchen scissors, cut into strips or shapes.
- Cook until golden and crispy.
- Drain the crackling and pour the rendered pork fat into a heatproof jug.
- Cool the rendered fat and use as cooking lard. Store the lard in the fridge.