This super easy, crispy pan-fried pork and apple-kissed snap pea slaw creates a magical combination of flavors and textures.
Recipe from Keto-Mojo
- Prep: 14 m
- Cook: 6 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 2
- 1 oz sugar snap peas julienned (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 apple medium, cored and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded (from 1/4 small cabbage) or pre-shredded slaw mix
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup sugar free
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard whole grain
- 0.9 oz pork rinds ground (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 egg
- 2 pork loin chops (4 oz) boneless, evenly pounded 1/3 inch thick
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- lemon 2 wedges for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the snap peas, apple, and cabbage. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, maple syrup, and mustard. Add to cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the ground pork rinds to a large shallow dish. Lightly beat the eggs in another shallow dish.
- Generously salt and pepper each pork cutlet. Dip the cutlets, one at a time, into the egg, allowing the excess to drip off, then dredge the pork in the ground pork rinds, patting to coat completely.
- In a large, heavy, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the coconut oil. Add the pork in one layer and fry until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side (do not overcook). Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Divide the slaw among 2 dinner plates, top with the cutlets, and serve.