Later in the year, sweet and tart apples, along with delicious butternut squashes are making their gracious appearances. From cookies to cakes and smoothies to heartwarming stews, apples and squash make a magnificent combination.
Recipe from Paleo Leap
- Prep: 20 m
- Cook: 30 m
- Total: 50 m
- Servings: 4
- 1 1/2 lb pork loin cubed
- 1 cup butternut squash cubed
- 12 oz brussels sprouts halved if needed
- 2 apples sliced
- 1/2 onion minced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- cooking fat
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Brown the pork cubes on all sides for 2 to 3 minutes, and set aside.
- Cook the onion and garlic until soft and golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and butternut squash, and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and maple syrup, stir, scraping all the brown bits, and bring to a boil.
- Bring the pork back to the pan, add the sliced apples, and let simmer for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve.