This delicious salad is always a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
Recipe from Dr. Hyman
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 35 m
- Servings: 4
- 1 lb brussels sprouts halved lengthwise, stems trimmed, outer leaves removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin ot coconut oil
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup purple cabbage chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 4 large yellow carrots peeled
- 1 tbsp almond butter warmed, creamy, unsweetened
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp pecans raw
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl and toss with the oil, sea salt and pepper. Spread out evenly on a lined baking sheet and place in the oven to roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- While the sprouts are roasting, make the rest of the salad by combining the greens, cabbage, grape tomatoes, cucumber and peeled carrot strips in a large serving bowl. Set aside.
- When the Brussels sprouts are ready, add them to the salad and drizzle with the warmed almond butter and lemon juice. Garnish with the pecans, parsley and sesame seeds. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper, if needed.
- Toss the salad to combine the ingredients and serve immediately.