This cauliflower steak recipe is so great because it’s not cauliflower pretending to be rice, pizza crust or even mashed potatoes, but just being a deliciously roasted and seasoned version of itself!
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 35 m
- Servings: 3
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 medium cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 medium lime
- 2 tbsp cilantro fresh, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mix evenly.
- Slice one whole head of cauliflower, starting from the center, into 1-inch “steaks”. The ends typically crumble so you can save those pieces for other recipes or toss them on the baking sheet too!
- Lay the steaks on a large baking sheet and brush both sides with plenty of oil.
- Rub each steak with the Cajun seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes, turning them half-way through.
- Remove the steaks from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime!