Being on a ketogenic diet usually means that you’re missing some kind of crunch in your meals. Whether it’s meat and vegetables, a dessert, or just a snack – it’s notorious for being something textually soft. These roasted pecan green beans will give you a great pick-me-up from the old and dated recipes that you’re used to. The crisp and fresh green beans, the deliciously crunchy and salty pecans, and the melted cheese and garlic give a fantastic textural contrast.
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 35 m
- Servings: 4
- 1 lb green beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450F, then add 1/4 Cup Pecans to your food processor.
- Grind the pecans in the food processor until they are chopped nicely. Some pieces should be large, some small.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together green beans, pecans, olive oil, parmesan cheese, the zest of 1 lemon, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Spread out the green beans on a foiled baking sheet.
- Roast the green beans in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 4-5 minutes, then serve!