Cooking with herbs can be very intimidating, especially if you are looking for a quick and easy keto meal, but adding some fresh flavor to your salad is so easy! All it takes is a tablespoon or two of the right herb to elevate your lunch salads from run-of-the-mill to OMG.
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 20 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 40 m
- Servings: 6
- 2 tbsp rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 21 oz chicken breasts
- 6 cups spring mix salad
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 medium avocado sliced
- 1 oz purple onion sliced
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Finely chop the rosemary. Half will be used to make the vinaigrette while the other will season the chicken.
- Make the vinaigrette by combining oil, vinegar, garlic paste, mayonnaise and rosemary in a jar with a lid.
- Seal the jar and shake vigorously to combine. Set aside while you prepare the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the rest of the rosemary and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet to medium and cook the chicken for about 20 minutes, turning half way through. Make sure the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Set the chicken aside to rest.
- Assemble the salad on a large platter or in individual bowls with a base of spring greens followed by the cherry tomatoes, sliced onion, and avocado.
- Slice the chicken and place on top of your salad. Sprinkle with Parmesan and drizzle with dressing.