This Salmon Avocado Salad is made with my two favorite super foods – avocado and wild salmon. I could eat this every day!
Recipe from skinnytaste.com
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 15 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 salmon fillets 4 oz each
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard divided
- 3/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 4 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 oz avocado diced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage shredded
- Season salmon with 2 teaspoons of the Dijon, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Adjust the oven on the second rack. Broil salmon 6 to 7 minutes, until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the red onion with olive oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon remaining Dijon, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste; let it sit about 5 minutes, so the flavor of the onion mellows.
- Add the tomatoes, avocado and toss. When ready to serve, toss in chopped lettuce and cabbage, finish with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar, taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
- Divide the salad in 4 bowls and top each with salmon.