Grilled mini eggplants stuffed with perfectly seasoned sausage. Fire up that grill because this is a low carb summer meal you won’t want to miss! Paleo-friendly.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 6
- 3 small baby eggplant or graffiti about 6 to 8 oz each
- 12 oz sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp rosemary fresh, chopped
- Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise. Scoop out insides, leaving about 1/4 thickness of flesh in the skin (I found this easiest by running a sharp knife around the insides, without cutting through, and then scooping with a spoon). Finely chop eggplant flesh.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up clumps with the back of a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer cooked sausage to a large bowl using a slotted spoon, to keep as much of the oils as possible in the pan.
- Add garlic to pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Then add chopped eggplant flesh, salt and pepper and sauté until eggplant is tender and translucent, about 5 minutes more.
- Add chopped rosemary and sauté another minute, then transfer eggplant to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture among eggplant shells.
- Preheat grill to medium and oil lightly. Place stuffed eggplants on grill and close lid. Let cook about 8 to 10 minutes, until eggplant shells are tender.
- If adding cheese, turn grill off and lay slices on eggplant, cutting to fit (you don't want too much cheese overhanging or it will melt onto your grill and be very messy!). Close lid and let melt about 1 minutes.
- Serve warm.