This recipe is a good choice for special dinners or when you’re entertaining. Garlicky, salty, and a little bit spicy, it’s not difficult or time-consuming to prepare but it is guaranteed to get rave reviews. Rapini with Chili and Garlic (page 100) makes a perfect side dish for this recipe.
As Found in
The Obesity Code Cookbook
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 40 m
- Servings: 4
- 2 lb grape tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 red chilis dried
- 6 anchovies
- 19 oz cannellini beans canned
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 8 prosciutto slices
- 16 sea scallops
- Assemble, prepare, and measure ingredients. Halve tomatoes. Mince garlic. Crumble dried chilies. Mash anchovies with a fork. Rinse and drain beans. Juice lemon. Preheat oven to 475°F/245°C.
- Scatter tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 10 minutes. Push tomatoes to one side of the baking sheet and arrange prosciutto slices in a single layer on the other. Roast for a further 10 minutes to crisp prosciutto. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add garlic, chilies, and mashed anchovies. Sauté for 1 minute, then add beans and 1/2 cup/125 mL water. Mash beans coarsely as they warm through. Remove from heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season scallops with salt and pepper, add to skillet, and sear for 2 minutes, undisturbed, until burnished golden brown. Turn scallops over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- To serve, arrange tomatoes, two slices of prosciutto, and beans on each of four individual plates. Top each one with four scallops. Sprinkle with lemon juice and a little more olive oil and season with salt and pepper.