The sesame almond zoodle bowl is the perfect vehicle for this amazing sauce. Peanut sauce has been one of my favorite dipping and drizzling sauces for everything from low carb egg rolls to an overflowing bowl of stir fry veggies. Sadly, I’ve recently begun reducing my peanut intake. I’ve been focusing on more recipes that incorporate keto friendly nuts and nut butters like cashews and almonds and I have fallen in love!
Recipe from ruled.me
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 3servings
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded broccoli slaw
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp erythritol
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds, garnish
- pinch chili powder
- Heat 1 teaspoon of sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the shredded broccoli cabbage mix, and mushrooms, and sauté until they begin to soften.
- Make your zucchini noodles using a vegetable spiralizer and pat them dry with a towel to remove some of the excess moisture.
- Add your zoodles to the skillet and heat evenly by gently turning the zoodles with a fork or tongs until the noodles become soft but not soggy. This takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix your sauce by adding all ingredients in a large bowl and combining thoroughly.
- Add a touch more water or oil if necessary to reach a thin consistency.
- Portion your zoodles in three bowls and drizzle with sesame almond sauce then toss to coat.
- Top with chopped almonds and crushed red pepper flakes and an optional pinch of chili powder.