Shrimp and bacon come together in a creamy, rich soup that only takes a few minutes to make. It’s weeknight comfort food! Keto recipe.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 6
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1 medium turnip cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined, tails on or off
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- parsley chopped, for garnish
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, reserving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the turnip and onion to the pan and saute until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, another minute or so. Pour in the chicken broth and simmer until the turnip is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and the shrimp and simmer until the shrimp is pink and cooked through, another 3 minutes or so. Add the Cajun seasoning and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the bacon and chopped parsley upon serving.