Hungry for a hot breakfast? This spaghetti squash breakfast casserole is low carb, gluten-free and will warm you right up.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 20 m
- Cook: 1 h 40 m
- Total: 2 h
- Servings: 12
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 7 oz sausage links
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 oz spinach frozen, thawed and squeezed out to release as much moisture as possible
- 1 cup feta crumbled
- 1.2 cup parmesan grated
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease a 9x13 inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
- With a large, sharp knife, cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place on baking sheet cut-side down and bake until soft and squash can be squeezed easily with your hands.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large skillet according to package directions. Thinly slice and transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat butter in the same skillet over medium heat. When melted and hot, add mushrooms, garlic, and salt and sauté until mushrooms are golden brown. Transfer mushrooms to the same bowl and add spinach, feta and parmesan.
- Remove squash from oven and scoop out and discard seeds. Scoop the flesh into the bowl along with the other ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and whipping cream. Stir into vegetables and mix well. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared baking pan and bake 40 to 60 minutes, until puffed and set all the way through. Remove and let cool a few minutes before serving.