A little hot sauce adds some spice to ground chicken for a healthy and delicious lettuce wrap.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 4
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tsp tabasco
- 8 large lettuce leaves, washed
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- tabasco optional - additional
- cheese grated, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove and let drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Remove all but 1 tbsp of bacon fat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add ground chicken, Tabasco and salt and pepper. Stirring frequently and breaking up any clumps, cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Divide lettuce leaves between 4 plates, then top with cooked chicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomato, additional Tabasco sauce and grated cheese, if using.
- Crumble bacon over each lettuce wrap and serve.