If you have been wanting to try tofu for the first time, this recipe is perfect for beginners!
Tofu takes on the flavor of what food or sauce it has been cooked with, which makes it very versatile in vegetarian and vegan keto cooking. This recipe combines sweet with spicy in a thick and creamy peanut sauce and is wrapped in a leafy lettuce cup. These are then topped with crunchy peanuts and fragrant green onion for extra crunch!
Recipe from ruled.me
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 5servings
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 5 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp erythritol/stevia blend
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 5 medium butter lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 2 small green onions, chopped
- Pre-heat the skillet on stove. Slice the extra firm tofu into approximately 1-inch cubes and pat dry with a towel.
- In a mixing bowl combine the natural peanut butter, liquid aminos, sesame oil, chili powder, lime juice, and sweetener. Stir well until smooth.
- Melt the coconut oil in skillet. Place the tofu cubes and diced red bell pepper into the skillet. Sauté the tofu and red pepper until the edges of the tofu begin to brown slightly.
- Add half of the peanut sauce to the tofu and stir to coat, cooking on medium heat for about 1-2 minutes. Once the sauce begins to thicken and crisp on the tofu, remove from heat.
- Place the skillet ingredients into the butter lettuce leaves.
- Top with the remaining sauce, and garnish with crushed peanuts and green onion.