Spicy Pork Brussels Bowls are a delicious low-carb meal, made with shredded Brussels sprouts as the base, smoky ground pork, and an egg on top!
Recipe from skinnytaste.com
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 4
- olive oil spray
- 1 lb ground pork 90% lean or swap for a meatless ground meat option
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp smoky paprika
- 2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 6 cups brussels sprouts shredded
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 4 large eggs
- Heat a large cast iron or heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat, spray with oil and cook the meat, breaking it up in small pieces.
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Add garlic, season with spices and vinegar and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Add the brussels and onions to the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally until the brussels start to brown and are tender crisp, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Return the pork to the skillet and mix everything together 1 to 2 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet and spray with oil, when hot cook the eggs, covered until the whites are just set and the yolks are still runny, 2 to 3 minutes.