This is a fantastic family style skillet meal that you can put together any time. With all the spice from the sausage, you don’t need to get very many of seasonings out to flavor this dish. The cabbage adds a lot of crunch and the dish gets a light creaminess from Colby Jack cheese, which we will melt by steaming it with the lid on for a few minutes.
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 21 m
- Total: 36 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 sausages - spicy Italian chicken
- 1 1/2 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1 1/2 cups purple cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 oz Colby Jack cheese (2 slices)
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped fresh
- Remove casings from sausages and rough chop. Chop onion and shred cabbage if not using pre-shredded cabbage.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet and add onion and cabbage. Cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables begin to become tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add sausage, stirring to mix it into the cabbage and onions. Cook 8 minutes more.
- Add the cheese on top and cover the skillet.
- Turn off the heat and wait 5 minutes while the cheese melts into the cabbage and vegetables. Remove the lid from the skillet and stir.
- Top with cilantro and serve immediately right from the skillet.