I love how the sweet persimmon balances out the tartness that you get from the pomegranate arils and creamy goat cheese. Top that with the crunch of sliced almonds, and you have the perfect fall salad.
Recipe from allrecipes.com
- Prep: 20 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 2
- 1 Fuyu persimmon peeled and cored
- 2 cups spinach roughly chipped
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 oz goat cheese crumbled or plant-based "cheese"
- 1 tbsp almonds sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Slice persimmon into 1/4-inch rounds, then slice each round into quarters.
- Place chopped spinach into a salad bowl. Top with persimmon quarters, pomegranate seeds, goat cheese, and sliced almonds.
- Whisk together olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss lightly to coat. Serve immediately.