This classic spring recipe pairs the sweetness of strawberries with fresh, crisp spinach. A bright sherry-bacon vinaigrette adds just the right pop of flavor that is balanced with the fatty addition of avocado.
Recipe from Dr. Hyman
- Prep: 20 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 2
- 2 strips turkey bacon crispy cooked, crumbled
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 8 strawberries cut in half
- 1 avocado ripe, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp turkey bacon fat melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Cook the turkey bacon in a heavy bottomed pan until crispy. Set aside and reserve the fat for preparing the dressing.
- Wash and then dry the spinach. Tear into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Prep the berries and avocado, and then add to the spinach.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the turkey bacon fat, olive oil and vinegar. Add the pepper and pour over the greens.
- Toss to distribute the dressing and divide onto two plates.