A classic steakhouse-style spinach salad with the absolute best warm bacon-mustard dressing I’ve ever had! Looks and tastes like a lot of work, but can be prepared in no time! This salad can easily be converted to a main dish salad by adding strips of grilled chicken breast.
Recipe from allrecipes.com
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 5 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 4
- 10 oz baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs hard-boiled, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 4 strips bacon crisply cooked, crumbled
- 10 oz swiss cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 strips bacon crisply cooked, crumbled
- Place spinach into a large serving bowl, top with hard-cooked eggs, mushrooms, 4 crumbled strips of bacon, Swiss cheese, and almonds.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallots and garlic, and cook until softened and translucent, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and 2 crumbled strips of bacon; season to taste with salt and pepper, then cook until hot.
- Pour hot dressing over spinach and toss to coat.