In this salad, crunchy caramelized pecans add a delicious touch of Southern sweetness to a big pile of lettuce and fresh berries. Add the mustard-poppyseed dressing and just a little bit of bite with some red onion, and you’ve got a perfect combination for a hot, late-summer afternoon.
Recipe from Paleo Leap
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 5 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 4
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 12 oz romaine lettuce chopped
- 8 oz strawberries fresh, halved
- 4 oz blueberries fresh
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- 2 clementine oranges peeled
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and diced (optional)
- 1 tbsp raw honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Sauté the pecans with the honey until caramelized in a skillet placed over a medium heat. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, blueberries, strawberries, oranges, chicken, and onion.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing on the salad and toss gently.
- Serve the salad with the candied pecans on top.