There’s much to love about this dish, starting with layers of perfectly cooked squash intermingled with an irresistible herb-kissed cream cheese sauce. Adding flavor and crunch is a parmesan-pork panko topping. Together, they make an epic side dish that’s approachable for weeknight meals but worthy of special occasions
Recipe from Keto Mojo
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 15 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 8
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 3 medium zucchini sliced into 1/4-inch-thick disks
- 3 medium yellow squash sliced into 1/4-inch-thick-disks
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme oregano or basil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated, divided
- 2 tbsp pork panko
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini, squash, onion powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini and squash are crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the dried thyme, cream, and cream cheese and cook until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan.
- Spoon the mixture into a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining Parmesan cheese with the pork panko and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle the squash with the Parmesan-panko mixture and bake until the top is golden brown and bubbling, about 10 minutes. Serve right away.