Why choose between guacamole and salsa when you could have both? Roasted sweet potatoes with a light coating of spices work as the base for a pile of guacamole and salsa with just a little bacon on top – no tortilla chips necessary.
Recipe from Paleo Leap
- Prep: 20 m
- Cook: 24 m
- Total: 44 m
- Servings: 4
- 2 sweet potatoes scrubbed clean but not peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 oz bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup salsa fresh
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- cilantro fresh, minced
- 2 medium avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- In a bowl, mash the two avocados until smooth. Add all the remaining ingredients for the guacamole. Stir until well combined, cover, and refrigerate.
- Place sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste, and toss until well coated.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes on each side.
- Top each sweet potato slice with guacamole, fresh salsa, bacon bits, and fresh cilantro.