This is a beautiful dish that combines elements of earthy peanuts, acidic citrus, and umami; finishing off with a slightly sweet and spice from the chili. If you’re a fan of Asian style peanut sauces (think satay), then you’ll love this dish. Plus, it sits at just under four net carbs per serving!
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 15 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 4
- 6 medium chicken thighs boneless, skinless (~25oz)
- 6 tbsp peanut butter smooth (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the chicken) to a container and immersion blend.
- Cube chicken thighs and season and salt and pepper.
- Heat a dry pan over high heat. Once it's very hot, add chicken and saute for about a minute.
- Drain the excess moisture with a paper towel and set aside.
- Continue cooking the chicken until the chicken is browned well. Continue draining excess moisture throughout the cooking process, but don't be overly aggressive. It won't take too long.
- Once the chicken is browned and cooked through, remove from the heat. Pour peanut sauce over the chicken and stir well.