As the name implies, this salad is a celebration of all things tomato. The ingredients suggest some varieties that would be tasty, but really, the best salad will come from any tomatoes that you can get fresh and ripe. Toss them with spinach, basil, and pine nuts for extra crunch and a rustic Italian flavor, and top it all off with a quick drizzle of olive oil and vinegar.
Recipe from Paleo Leap
- Prep: 10 m
- Total: 10 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 yellow tomatoes cut into wedges
- 8 oz grape tomatoes halved
- 8 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Stir until well combined and season to taste.
- Combine the tomatoes, basil, spinach, and pine nuts in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing on top, and toss gently to combine.