This baked two cheese pesto chicken recipe is full of flavour. The basil flavour really comes through and is not dominated by the cheese.
Recipe from Ditch the Carbs
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 40 m
- Total: 50 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 3.5 oz cream cheese or plant-based "cheese"
- 4 mature cheese slices of choice or plant-based "cheese"
- Mix the pesto with the cream cheese.
- Slice the chicken breasts almost in half.
- In each chicken breast, place a slice of mature cheese and pesto/cream cheese mixture.
- Place in a baking dish and cook at 180C/350F for 30-40 minutes until thoroughly cooked and all the juices run clear when you push a knife or a skewer through the thickest part.