Whether it’s BBQ season or you’re just in the mood for something smoky and grilled, this marinated portobello mushroom steak is the answer to any vegan keto cravings!
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 5 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 2
For the Marinade
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
For the Mushrooms
- 2 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 Roma tomato diced
- 1/2 cup parsley finely minced
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small dish, whisk together the marinade ingredients then set aside.
- Clean and trim the portobello mushrooms. Remove any dirt with a soft towel. Trim the stem if desired.
- In a shallow dish, saturate the mushrooms with the marinade and toss a few times to coat. Let them sit for at least five minutes, turning occasionally to absorb the sauce.
- Combine the diced avocado, tomato, and finely minced parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle with salt and half of the hemp seeds. Toss to coat.
- Preheat a dark coated or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pan sear the seasoned mushrooms until each side browns and the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Top each mushroom with avocado salsa and remaining hemp seeds. Serve hot.