Crab cakes can easily be made keto with a simple swap for bread crumbs, but today we are going even further to make a keto crab cake that is crab-less! That’s right, a vegetarian-friendly crab cake with absolutely zero meat that still achieves that flakey interior and a crisp buttery crust!
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 10 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 3
- 1 can hearts of palm drained
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise or olive/avocado/coconut oil
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg beaten or "flax" egg
- 1 tbsp onion diced
- 1 tsp butter or olive/avocado/coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- Drain the hearts of palm. Using a fork, shred the pieces until they resemble crab meat.
- Mix in the Old Bay, mayonnaise, almond flour, beaten egg, and parsley to combine.
- In a skillet heat the butter over medium heat and sauté the diced onion until translucent then gently fold into the hearts of palm mixture.
- Place the almond meal and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Mix together. Separate the mixture into six equal balls roll. Press into the mixture so that each ball is flattened into a patting and covered with the coating.
- Place each patty on a baking sheet, top with any remaining coating.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the avocado oil. Fry each patty, two at a time, turning carefully to brown each side. Serve hot.