When you think of making a quiche, you may have a few things come to mind: time consuming, complicated ingredients, carby crusts, etc. Not your idea of an easy keto meal, right? Well get ready for one of the easiest “quiche” recipes that is both satisfying and vegetarian friendly!
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 50 m
- Total: 1 h
- Servings: 4
- 2 medium bell peppers sliced in half and seeds removed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese to garnish
- Heat oven to 375°F. Prepare the peppers by slicing them into four equal halves and removing the seeds.
- In a small food processor blend the three cheeses, eggs, garlic powder, and parsley. My food processor is smaller than I would like so I did this in two batches, half and half, and then combined both fillings.
- Pour the egg mixture into each pepper, filling just below the rim. Place a few baby spinach leaves on top and stir with a fork, pushing them under the egg. Cover with foil and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the egg is set.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes or until the tops begin to brown.