Why not use thick slices of zucchini as the “bread” for a healthy grilled cheese? It’s deliciously low carb, and seriously melty. So easy to make and a great keto snack, side dish, or even dinner!
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 15 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 4
- 1/2 large zucchini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 6 oz cheese of choice, thinly sliced
- avocado oil for the griddle
- Preheat a countertop griddle to 350F or place a large skillet over medium heat. Brush lightly with avocado oil.
- Slice the zucchini on the diagonal into 16 slices, about 1/2 inch thick each, and lay on the griddle or in the pan (for a skillet, you may need to work in batches). Cook until lightly browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and let sit to drain a few minutes. Pat the tops dry with a rag or more paper towel.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Sprinkle one side of each zucchini slice with the seasoning mixture.
- Pair the zucchini slices by approximate size, and divide the sliced cheese between them, to make 8 sandwiches. Brush the griddle or pan with a little more oil or some butter and lay the sandwiches down on the grill. Let cook until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot and melty!