This dish is one of the authors, Alex’s, personal favorites—but if you put enough olives and feta on top, he’d eat just about anything. Combining all the benefits of the Mediterranean diet and Keto diet in one bowl, these Greek Chicken Bowls will soon become a favorite of yours too.
Recipe from Keto Mojo
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 10 m
- Marinate: 30 m
- Total: 55 m
- Servings: 2
For the Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Tzatziki
- 8 oz Greek yogurt plain full-fat
- 1/2 medium Persian cumber grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dill fresh, minced
For the Red Wine Vinegar Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red vine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano fresh, minced
For the Toppings
- 1 large Persian cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- To make the chicken, combine the chicken, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, Greek seasoning, and salt in a sealable container. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- To make the tzatziki, stir together the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Refrigerate the tzatziki until you are ready to serve.
- Heat a 10-inch (25-cm) or larger cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and marinade to the skillet. Cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until it is brown and its internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- To make the red wine vinegar dressing, whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, and salt in a small bowl.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the chicken among four individual serving bowls. Top the chicken with the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, and feta cheese. Pour the red wine vinegar dressing over the bowls and top each bowl with the tzatziki just before serving.