This classic Thai soup is fragrant, light, and luscious yet creamy and comforting, not to mention dairy-free. Here, it includes chicken and shrimp, but you can use all chicken or all shrimp; just adjust the macros accordingly.
Recipe from Keto-Mojo
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 40 m
- Total: 50 m
- Servings: 4
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 scallions sliced thin, white and green parts separated
- 1 small red pepper seeded and cut into 1/4-inch by 1-inch slices
- 2 tbsp ginger sliced fresh
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 13.5 oz coconut cream (1 can - not cream of coconut)
- 8 oz chicken thighs boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp granulated erythritol
- 1 tbsp fish sauce plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, fresh
- In a medium pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the white part of scallions and the red pepper, ginger, garlic powder, and red curry paste and cook, stirring frequently until scallions and red pepper are softened, 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, chicken, shrimp, and mushrooms. Simmer until chicken pieces and shrimp are just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tamari, erythritol, fish sauce, and lime juice. Cook for 3 minutes more. Taste, then adjust the flavor if desired with additional tamari, fish sauce, or lime juice.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls, garnish with scallion greens and cilantro leaves, and serve.