If there’s one thing I’ve learned recently it’s that I should no longer be afraid of mayonnaise – provided I make it myself. This recipe calls for homemade paleo mayo, so if you don’t have a jar of it sitting in your fridge already I highly recommend whipping one up!
Recipe from Paleo Grubs
- Prep: 15 m
- Total: 15 m
- Servings: 8
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 1/2 head purple cabbage
- 2 cups carrots shredded
- 1/4 cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (homemade paleo)
- Dice or shred both half heads of cabbage.
- Place into a large bowl with shredded carrots, mix well.
- Add in vinegar and mayonnaise, mix well.
- Add in all seasonings (adding more or less to taste), and mix until cabbage and carrot mixture is fully coated.
- Serve and enjoy! Covering and placing in the fridge for about an hour before serving will allow the flavors to fully mature.